18 weeks in semester 5
A specialist internship in semester 5 is mandatory for all fashion design students. Over the course of 18 weeks you will have the chance to apply the knowledge you have learned in practice. You will get to know potential fields of employment and can forge important contacts for your Bachelor’s thesis and for starting your career.
Potential internship providers are
- Design and pattern departments in the clothing and textile industry Fashion labels
- Media and fashion agencies
- Fashion publishers
- Costume departments in film and television
- Fashion-related marketing or product management departments in industry and retail.
The International Office can advise you on financial assistance for an internship abroad.
In order to be admitted to the specialist internship, you must have already accumulated 90 credits in your study programme. It is up to you to find an internship place. Once you have found a company where you can do your internship, please submit the application form to the internship coordinator:
- Application for Internship to Accompany Course of Study [PDF]
- Internship contract with the organisation providing the internship. If required, HTW Berlin will provide a template for an internship contract [PDF]. However, companies usually have their own contracts.
You will be assigned an internship supervisor by your study programme. Information will be provided by Andreas Martin in the Dean’s Office.
To receive accreditation for your internship, please submit the following documents to your internship supervisor:
- Internship application with confirmation from the internship organisation incl. signatures and stamp
- Copy of the attestation from the internship organisation
- Internship report in which you describe your activities and learning progress. You will present this in the "Internship evaluation" module in semester 6.